Jan 6, 2014

Memories of Crested Butte, CO

This snow engulfed log cabin brings back memories of my only trip to CO in the winter of '84.  There was so much snow we had to walk through tunnels on the sidewalks in town!  It was my first trip to that ski area and it was gorgeous!!  I put this pic on my laptop today since we are in a 'cold' snap just like the temps on that trip!  -17  this morning when I got up!  Wind chills unbelievable!  I went skiing by myself on the Mt... only one trip down since my lift ticket fell off my jacket zipper tab ;-(    But the view from atop Crested Butte Mountain was permanently fixed into the recesses of my memory!!!  Just a gorgeous site of snow-covered mountains as far as the eye could see!  I can still picture it!   Then... how to get down by myself... I was scared I would go out of control (speed-wise) and crash into a tree!  I looked like a little, scared baby up there!! But, here I am today, so I did get down ok!  The temps were so cold that diesel buses were freezing up at our motel!   Just as it is today... school canceled today and tomorrow due to severe wind chills!  Poor Wrigley limps back into the house after potty trips of only 1-2 minutes outside!  Then...
in front of the fireplace to warm up!!  She loves to look at the flame! and likes her 'bone' rug I gifted her from the top of Monarch Pass last summer!!  'Sweater' Santa watches over her!

                            More hat knitting for Shelter House in Iowa City...

   I am concerned with this cold spell... I cancelled St.Mary's Prayer Shawl Ministry this month.  I had a dr appt that conflicted, but was more concerned with my 'ladies' feeling they should attend when it is so cold.  I don't even like to go out to the garage to put my recycling items in the sacks/bins, so why would I want them to brave this cold.

   Terry & I are watching Florida State vs Auburn tonight... we're both for Auburn!! Just another great time to knit!!  I've watched almost every BOWL game this winter... lots of knitting!  Only negative today: I did not get on the treadmill.  But I did try out my new Ninja blender today!  Made my 1st smoothie:  apple-peanut butter!  I need to grocery shop for fruits & vegies!  I'm going to try to go Vegan (somewhat)... to make sure I get my plants!  I can do without meat!!  Don't miss it!  And Terry has given up most meat now too.  The chicken nuggets news was the crowning blow!!  Mystery meat?!!!

Well, I will end here and pick up my knitting once more!  Always have a baby Chalice blankie and hat on the needles!!  

Blessings to you!!!

Hawknitr13 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...