June 24, 2013

Jesus Calling: Ordinary Olive Trees: "A trusting response includes Me in your thoughts as you consider strategies to deal with a situation. Gently bring your attention back...


from a new blog i found:  Jesus Calling after the book of the same name by Sarah Young. this i found from my good friend, Brenda @ It's a Beautiful Life.

"A trusting response includes Me in your thoughts as you consider strategies to deal with a situation. Gently bring your attention back to Me, whenever it wanders away. I look for persistence- rather than perfection- in your walk with Me."(182)

i am NOT a perfectionist!  i do try to be persistant in my daily prayer to God...thanking Him for what i have, thinking of others' needs, making & creating something to comfort another, and trying to be patient of those in pain...  but not to let another abuse me verbally.  afterall, i am human and have feelings too.  i try to do my very best each day... some days go without a hitch while others have ruts and roadblocks in every direction i attempt to travel! 



our God above gave us a DRINK this morning...  his earth was slowly parching from thirst.  it was beautiful...first the dark clouds blanketed the view...shards of lightning lit up the sky and finally he released his nourishing water for us to relish...  nice, even, steady, soaking droplets blurring the view for a time.  so peaceful early this morning!  and now, a break.  a little wind moving the trees in hickory hill park in my backyard...  i am sitting on my deck at tree-top level!!  tinted shades of green everywhere... 

my knitting resting a while...

while my Wriggly rests beside me...

God Bless...

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...